So what’s the big dealio with shopping locally?
Because it helps your friends, neighbors, even the environment! We work primarily with Bay Area and California-based vendors because we think it’s important to support local businesses for a lot of reasons.
1) It’s enviro-friendly (less fuel, fewer trucks, reduced emissions), the in-state sales boost our local economies (keeps our friends and neighbors employed), and the taxes on those sales support schools, and environmental and social programs.
2) Several studies have shown that when you buy from an independent, locally owned businesses, significantly more of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses, service providers, and farms, which strengthens the economic base of the community.
3) Non-profit organizations receive an average 250% more support from smaller business owners than they do from large businesses.
4) Where we shop, where we eat and have fun — all of it makes our community home. Our one-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character of the Bay Area.
5) Locally owned businesses can make more local purchases requiring less transportation and generally set up shop in town or city centers as opposed to developing on the fringe. This generally means contributing less to sprawl, congestion, habitat loss and pollution.
6) They also often hire people with a better understanding of the products they are selling and take more time to get to know customers and build relationships.
If you’re looking for promotional products, screen printing, or custom embroidery, we hope you’ll think of us.
Support your local small business owner – Shop local!